RECs Tab: An Introduction
Welcome to the M-RETS! Come in! Make yourself at home, but please take off your shoes.
In this article we are going to look at an overview of the RECs tab. I will attempt to cover all of the basics you need to know to use the RECS tab.
Your RECs view should look something like this. Please note, your tabs on the left may vary.
Let’s start at the top!
You will see options to change from ‘Active’ to ‘Retired’. Below these buttons, you will see the total corresponding RECs under each status. Which brings us to…
The main source of data is the RECs table. In the table you will notice the following columns by default:
- Account: Where the RECs are currently located. For more, see Accounts Tab: An Introduction
- M-RETS ID: The identification number of your generator.
- Project: The name of your generator. For more, see Projects Tab: An Introduction
- Fuel Type: Solar, Wind, Hydro, etc.
- Vintage: When the RECs were created
- Location: The location of your generator
- Type: The type of certificate, most likely REC
- Eligibility: This column will display for which programs these RECs are eligible
- Quantity: The number of RECs issued
- RRC Adjusted Quantity: This is specific to the Wisconsin RRC program. Not sure what the Wisconsin RRC program is? Then this most likely can be ignored.
The Table: Rearranging Columns
If you prefer a different layout of columns, then click on the header and drag it to a new location.
The Table: Filtering
You probably noticed the buttons labelled ‘Filter…’ near the top of the columns. This feature is for limiting what is shown in the column. Example: If I only wanted to see my solar RECs, I would click on the filter under ‘Fuel Type’ and select ‘Solar’.
Settings: The Gear
Don’t want to see all of these columns? No problem! Click on the gear icon.
You should see the following window:
Un-check any columns that you do not want included in the table.
Downloading your RECs: The Arrow
Do you need to download your RECs? Maybe send them to colleague? Just click on this icon:
Note: It will download everything that is currently displayed. This means any unchecked columns will not be included in the download.
Congratulations! You just passed RECs tab 101!